VISA APPLICATION NOTICE
WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT, ALL VISA APPLICANTS SHOULD PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING AND COMPLY ACCORDINGLY:
1. DO NOT PURCHASE AIR TICKETS UNTIL VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED.
2. THE DURATION FOR PROCESSING VISA APPLICATIONS ARE:
A) 24 HOURS
B) 3 WORKING DAYS
C) 5 WORKING DAYS
3. VISA APPLICATION FORMS MUST BE PROPERLY COMPLETED.
4. PROVIDE CORRECT NAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF TWO REFEREES
5. DURATION FOR VISA APPLICATION AND PICKUP.
A) VISA APPLICATION : MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYS , 9: 00 – 11: 30
B) PICKUP : MONDAY – FRIDAY , 15: 00 – 16: 30
6. VISA FEES PAID ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
The following fees are charged for Entry Visas. These may be revised from time to time without prior notice.
- 24 hours: 1440 Yuan
- 72 hours: 1080 Yuan
- 5 working days: 720 Yuan
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS TO GHANA
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or, in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- Exempted Countries – Under Section 3 (Exemptions) of the Ghana Visa Regulations, the following countries and category of persons are exempted from entry visas to Ghana:
- Citizens of ECOWAS countries
- Nationals of the following countries.
- Kenya .
- Zimbabwe .
- Egypt .
- Singapore .
- 3. Holders’ of Cuban Diplomatic Passport
- 4. Holders’ of Hong Kong Specialised Administrative Area Diplomatic and Service Passports
- 5. Holders’ of German Diplomatic and Service Passport
CONDITIONS FOR ISSUE OF VISA
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entries.
- Visas are valid for a period of three months and must be utilised within three months of the date of issue. Visitors travelling on business are required to furnish evidence of the fact, such as a letter from their firm, while those travelling at the invitation of Ghanaian nationals or residence or Ghanaian institutions should furnish a letter of invitation from their hosts.
- Visitors must have a return or a through ticket to a country which they have the right of admission or may be required to show evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay in the country. Prospective employees may undertake employment within the authorised immigrant quota.
- Applications for further extension extensions to visitors’ permit must be made to the Director of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Tourists may be allowed a period of stay of three months if the Ghana Immigration Service is satisfied that such tourists have sufficient means of financial support.
- Immigrant Quota – Persons who enter Ghana ostensibly as visitors may not be permitted to take employment.
No person shall be permitted to accept employment or undertake an occupation for reward in Ghana unless such employment is within an authorized Immigrant Quota (an immigrant quota being the number of non-Ghanaians that a person or firm can employ). An application for Immigrant Quota must be made to:
THE SECRETARY IMMIGRANT QUOTA COMMITTEE
MINISTRY OF INTERIORBOX M. 42
An approval for Immigrant Quota for a foreign employee must be obtained before he proceeds to Ghana.
OTHER RELEVANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENTRY INTO GHANA
Investors to Ghana must register with the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC). Application for the extension of visa or automatic quota must be accompanied by a supporting letter from the GIPC confirming the status of the Investor.
Investors into the Mining Sector in Ghana must register with the Minerals Commission as approved Mining Services Company. Application for the extension of visa or Immigrant Quota must be accompanied by a supporting letter from the Minerals Commission confirming their status.
It is an offence for foreign doctors, dentists, lawyers, pharmacists and other professionals to practice their profession in Ghana unless they have registered their profession in accordance with the ordinances of their respective professions. All professionals wishing to enter Ghana to practice one of the above mentioned professions are required to provide particulars of their qualifications to help determine their eligibility for registration.
Visa Application Form
- A Visa Application form can be downloaded in pdf format, which can then be viewed and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
1. The Visa Application Form must be completed in type format (NOT HANDWRITTEN) and in capital letters
2. The completed form must be submitted with the applicants Passport and two (2) recent passport-size pictures